Wednesday 25 April 2012

Favourite crisps you never see now

When I was at school, crisps were part of my daily packed lunch, I adored them! I remember the only flavours I never liked much were salt and vinegar and prawn cocktail (which never tasted much like prawn cocktail in my opinion!) Sadly, alot of the crisps I used to enjoy are no longer available.

Walkers made a range of pizza-flavoured crisps called "Bitza Pizza" and I loved them. I don't know exactly when they were discontinued though. Below you can see one of the TV adverts for the Bitza Pizza crisps.




I remember Walkers briefly producing spicy sausage flavoured crisps, which were among my favourites along with roast chicken and smoky bacon flavours.

In the 1980s, Holland and Barrett health food shops used to sell a range called Wheateats, another favourite. They were available in cheese, peanut butter, spring onion and natural flavours. The cheese ones were my favourite, they were bright orange and had a great taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment