Thursday 8 August 2013

Ladybird books - childhood favourites

When I was little, I loved Ladybird books. I had a big collection, ranging from fairy stories to natural history. We used to buy them at Woolworths in Barnsley, it was a treat to finish reading one book and then go to town on a Saturday morning to choose another one.

I liked the Aesop's Fables books and had all the Ladybird editions. Another favourite was "Bunney Fluff's Moving Day". One of my favourite fairy tales was "Beauty and the Beast".

My original Ladybird books are now all long gone, but I have bought a few on ebay and in local second hand bookshops. I just wish I had room for more!

For those interested in collecting vintage Ladybird books, or wanting to enjoy the nostalgia, there are site for enthusiasts here (Official Vintage Ladybird), here (Ladybird Fly Away Home), here (Nicole's Website for Collectors), here (Easy on the Eye) and here (The Wee Web).

My collection of vintage Ladybird books.

No comments:

Post a Comment